Frequently Asked Questions
When is (title of book) coming out?
- If there's any information available about a specific upcoming book, you will be able to find it here on the website. The best way to stay up-to-date with any upcoming or new releases is to sign up for my Reader's List, which will send any of that information straight to your email! You can join the list by clicking here (and you'll get a free novella as a thank you!).
Do you have any free reads on your website?
- Sorry, I don't. However, my free reads usually are the first part of my serials, which include Mate: Part One, Secrets (A Woman's Affair, #1), For the Night (Luna, #1), What Is (If I Had You, #1), and Loving My Angel: Part One, all which can be obtained for free on Amazon by clicking here.
Are all your books erotic romances?
- No, they aren't. One example is Refuge (Evie, #1) which actually started off as a simple novella I wrote in a week, a story I had no choice except to tell because the characters wouldn't let me stop. I won't give away any details, but this story is one close to my heart, and later on, I did follow up with Revive (Evie, #2) in which the woman in #1 does find love again.
- Surrender to You and Stripped to You, both in the Pierced Hearts series, aren't erotic either. I wrote Surrender to You under a different name initially and moved it under Violet's umbrella to simplify things for myself. However, they are both romances, and Surrender to You should be read before Stripped to You, as the second does contain spoilers for the first.
Why do you write serials, especially if you're just going to bundle them at the end into one book?
- This is a loaded question.
- First, serials have worked for me since I began publishing. My first novel, Surrender to You? A few sales, then crickets. And when I put out the Luna serial #1 novelette in January 2014, it rarely sold. Then, I made it free just before #2 came out, and it took off like a rocket. Amazing! I had readers emailing me asking when #3 would be available. Another full-length novel, Sugar Baby Lies...and again, barely anything! From 2014 to now, only one other serial/book has gotten close to Luna's success & that's Mate, but even then, my serials have outperformed my full-length novels by miles, sales wise.
- Second reason? Honestly, I've always enjoyed the thrill - of the cliffhanger, of the pressure to get the next part out, of keeping readers on their toes wondering what the hell is coming next.
- Third reason, it made more sense financially. It kept something being published more regularly than me writing the whole book first and made it easier to keep myself in front of reader's easier (and cheaper) than advertising, especially by giving away the Part One's for free.
- As for why I bundle them? For those who refuse to read serials, of course, even after they're finished because they want it all in one book. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother, but I don't want to leave anyone out!
- This is a loaded question.
Do you write books that aren't contemporary? If not, do you plan to?
- No. So far, all my books are set in contemporary times, although the sub-genres vary from suspense to fantasy to paranormal to new adult, as well as some BDSM.
- And yes, I do plan to write books set in times other than contemporary, and hope you will enjoy reading those as much as you do the contemporary ones. However, I understand everyone's tastes vary (as I know mine do!) and if I put out a book you aren't interested in, just wait. There's always more coming. :D
Why am I able to purchase books straight from you? Does it make a difference?
- I want my books available for you in multiples ways, so there's always a place for you to buy them.
- Yes, where you buy your books can make a difference.
- The benefit to you: when you buy on sites such as Amazon, you're actually paying for a license, but you don't technically own the book. By purchasing the title through me, you will obtain the file and it will be yours, always.
- The benefit to me: truthfully, better royalties. On Amazon, anything priced lower than $2.99 has a 35% royalty rate, which means when you buy a 99¢ book from me through their site, I'm only receiving 35¢ of that or less, depending on the territory & exchange rates. Here on my site, minus a 2% processing fee, the royalties will be higher and you'll be directly supporting me as well as this website!
If I purchase eBooks through your site, is my purchase secure?
- Yes, the site is secure, and I will not see any of your payment information, as it's all done through the payment services. Your privacy is 100% assured.
How will I receive the eBook file? Are their instructions for getting the book onto my favorite eReader?
- After purchase, you'll be sent a download link to your email that's active for 24 hours after the link is first clicked, so make sure you're ready to download it before clicking! Also, instructions will be included with the email depending on which type of eBook type you purchased.
Are your books available in print?
- Absolutely! To find them on Amazon click here, then scroll down and choose Paperback to sort the titles. They are also available on CreateSpace (make sure my name is listed as the Author by the title), Barnes & Noble's, as well as Indie Bound, Book Depository, Books-A-Million, and more! I've directed these links to the pages listing my books for your convenience!
Do you offer signed paperbacks?
- I don't keep signed books on hand, but I am planning on offering them in the near future. Stay tuned or contact me (email@example.com) if you wish to place a special order (note: there will be 3-4 weeks between ordering & receiving your signed books).